Saturday, March 29, 2014

Serious Play


This past week I had the pleasure of participating in a three day Pastel workshop taught by Marla Baggetta.  The class mostly concentrated on landscapes. I painted a scene from the Kansas Flint Hills.  The artwork above is my completed piece.

I absolutely loved the setting for our class, which was in the main gallery of the Wichita Center For The Arts. We were surrounded by incredible Pastel artworks on display for a National Pastel Show. 


I could not resist snapping a picture of Marla's Pastel Box, such luscious colors melting together in an irresistible rainbow.  I just wanted to dive in and play!

This artwork was the result of an end-of-workshop exercise. We had to draw one object, the object had to be a big as the large sheet of paper, we had to add a background, and it was timed to thirty minutes. 


2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Oh, Tracie!!! Your artwork just glows! I love each piece. The photo of the case of pastels made my heart skip a beat. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Just like everything you do - this painting and the one of the tulip is just beautiful! Your ability to capture nature so vividly give me joy!