Monday, October 29, 2007

Lookin' for FUN and Feelin' QUILTY

Remember that Simon and Garfunkle song... "Feelin' Groovy"? Well, I have changed their lyrics... just a little... to fit my mantra for the next week. If you surmised by the title of this post that I am headed out the door once again, then you would be right!

This time I will be traveling to the International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas.

Marylin and I leave on Tuesday, and we hit the ground running for the entire five days. Our visit is shaping up to be some of the most action packed/non-stop moments of our entire 2007 schedule. Both of us will be teaching or demo-ing continuously from morning until late evening.

We are BEYOND EXCITED! to be sharing our mixed media fiber techniques and projects. With a Big!... BIG!!... THANK YOU going to the ULTRA FABULOUS Lesley Riley, who invited us to be part of this HUGE 55,000 attendee Extravaganza.

We will also have the great honor of demonstrating most of Friday in the Quilting Art and Cloth,Paper,Scissor Booth located right in the center of the Grande Hall of the Houston Convention Center. Marylin and I will each have a table for demo-ing. She will be showing off our Funky Fusion techniques, and I will sharing my bird/naturing painting on fabric. So, if you are attending the show and plan to be around on Friday, PLEASE stop by to see us!

I am furiously packing clothes, class samples, demo samples, along with gathering a few extra goodies for students and friends that I will be seeing.

I promise to take LOTS of pictures and regale my adventures when I return!

3 comments:

Maija said...

I always knew you 2 would be superstars!

liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh you are going to have the. best. time. i just know it. i can't wait to hear all about it when you return.

safe travels dear friend...

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracie,

Be safe and have fun.
Get some sleep and take lots of pictures.

Enjoy!,
Alma