Thursday, December 14, 2006

You are Cordially Invited!

I am very excited to share some news with you. I will be teaching a workshop at Valley Ridge Art Studio on April 21 & 22.

Not only will I have the chance to spend a whole weekend sharing techniques with my fellow artists, I have the great privilege of team teaching this workshop with someone I truly admire, my mother-in-law, Marylin Huskamp!

Kathy Malkasian is the proprietor of this enchanting studio located in the rural country side near Madison, Wisconsin. Every year, starting in the spring and continuing through the fall, Kathy and her husband, Bill, host wonderful artist workshops from a place that is nestled admist the most incredible scenery. Words can not express how excited, thrilled, and honored Marylin and I are that Kathy has invited us to be part of the Valley Ridge Experience.

We would also like to extend an invitation to you to come spend a fun artful weekend with us. Our workshop, Fused Fragments Extended Journal, is an exciting exploration of a NO-SEW fusion process that bonds even the tiniest scraps of papers and/or fibers.

Using this technique, you will be able to incorporate a wide variety of materials such as papers (all different types and textures), pictures, photographs, natural elements (sticks, dried flowers and leaves), silk flowers and leaves, threads, yarns, fabric, feathers, sequins, buttons, small flat metal items, or whatever strikes your fancy at the creative moment. This Fusion process can also be applied to multiple surfaces transforming such items as plain paper or cardstock, paper folders, journals, fabric, canvas, and much more into INCREDIBLY!!!! vibrant, and multidimensional pieces of collage art. It is a FABULOUS technique for those who want to add their favorite findings or keepsakes to their work.

We will be using the surrounding Wisconsin landscape as our inspiration for creating a very wide or extended journal similar to the example you see at the top of this blog post.

Marylin and I have been very busy gathering, drying, and pressing some beautiful botanicals to give to our students. These botanicals, along with some other goodies, are a small way of saying, "Thank You for spending time with us."

So, if you are longing to visit a place filled with art, fun, and friendship then COME... Join US!!! Valley Ridge Art Studio is truly a divine creative retreat, and the PERFECT getaway!

3 comments:

beth said...

Your class sounds wonderful and I was torn as to which classes to sign up for. Due to the cost and time of these wonderful classes, I allowed myself to pick only two. So I will be taking one with Lynne Perrella and LK Ludwig. I live on the west side of Madison and I'm very fortunate to have only an hours drive to Valley Ridge. I was on-line the Saturday morning of registration at 9AM sharp in order to get in.....and amazingly some classes sold out that first day !! Have a wonderful time teaching....aren't Kathy and Bill just the best ????

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, great art.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this sounds so much fun. Too bad it is so far away. I guess I will have to settle for seeing you at ArtFest even if I won't be in one of your classes this time around.