Monday, October 09, 2006

Art In The Park

I thought I might post a few photos taken of my booth at the art show in Winfield, Kansas.



The large artwork, shown in the images below, is also new. I had not had an opportunity to share it with you earlier because it had been away being framed.


This work is an ode to the decisions we all make. The lady pictured is reflecting upon life. In the background, are faded sentences scattered across the sky. These words are quotes from my journal writings and have been tea stained making them difficult to read. The printed text is a message from the gentle woman depicted in this piece.

"As it fell upon the day, I am standing on the far edge of life. And, looking back to see what I've done with the years and the days that were mine, and all that has happened to me. But, I've loved the great sky and its spaces of blue; I've lived with the birds and the trees; I've turned from the splendor of silver and gold to share in such pleasures as these."



I was so incredibly moved by the overwhelming response I received on this particular piece. The conversations and stories I shared with so many people, truly touched my heart. I even had a number of inquiries regarding commission work using vintage items from a specific relative or loved one.

So now...dear friends....I am excited to tell you that I am seriously considering the idea of creating commissioned hertiage artworks. Many details would have to be ironed out before I could start, but what an exciting possibility!

4 comments:

Shari Beaubien said...

I am not surpised for one minute that your work moved people so much, Tracie! It always evokes a soft sense of nostalgia... people see your pieces and instantly recall some sweet memory from their childhood or their home. Your work would be a PERFECT fit for commissions. And how lucky those patrons would be to have you help them remember times long gone in a more permanent way. Hugs, Shari

Lorraine said...

Traci, this is a beautiful piece and your booth shot looks great! I hope you had a successful show! You definitely should consider doing commission work as your work is beautiful and encompassing something personal would only make it that more special!!

Anonymous said...

wow-----so lovely!!! Sounds like you are delighted with the outcome of the show! :)

liz elayne lamoreux said...

how exciting to have things begin to shift like this. and i know how moved i am by your work...so while it does not surprise me, i appreciate the importance of the validation.

beautiful.